A. Matos da Fonseca, M.D. | European Board Certified Maxillo-Facial Surgeon
Orthognathic Surgery - Rinoplasty - Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Dr. Antonio Matos da Fonseca studied Medicine at Lisbon University, Portugal and trained in Maxillofacial Surgery at São José Hospital in Lisbon.
He is Director of Clinica da Face, within British Hospital Lisbon.
Dr. Matos da Fonseca practice centers on the treatment of craniofacial dysmorphologies, specializing in aesthetic and orthognathic surgery of the facial skeleton.
His other interests include rhinoplasty, TMJ, obstructive sleep apnea surgery, facial cosmetic surgery, endoscopic facial surgery and jaws reconstruction.
- Medical Degree at Lisbon University - Faculty of Medicine, 1971-1977.
- Specialization in Maxillofacial Surgery – S. José Hospital, Lisbon, 1982-1987.
- Medical Staff and Senior Consultant of MFS - S. José Hospital, Lisbon, 1987-2003.
- Fellow of the European Board of Maxillofacial Surgery, 1996.
- Consultant of Maxillofacial Surgery - Paediatric Hospital D. Estefania, Lisbon, 1998-2003.
- Postgraduate Professor for Orthognathic Surgery at Alcala University and Ramon y Cajal Hospital, Madrid, Spain.
- Head Professor of Special Therapy - Sup. Institute of Health Sciences – Lisbon, 1999-2006.
- Honorary Professor - Maimónides University - Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Honorary Professor at Alfonso X El Sabio University, Madrid. Spain.
- Honorary Professor at Múrcia University. Spain.
- Invited Professor at Mississippi University Institution. Madrid. Spain
- Portuguese Association of Cranio Maxillo-Facial Surgery.
- Spanish Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Portuguese Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetics Surgery.
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Ibero-Latin-American Federation of Plastic Surgery.
- European Association for Cranio Maxillo Facial Surgery.
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery.
Published and presented nomerous articles and is co-author of the book:
”Orthodontics and Orthognathic Surgery - Diagnosis and Planning”
Edited in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and English
Languages he speaks:
- Portuguese, English, Spanish, French.